You must be logged in to post a review.
Smoky and spicy with just a flash of fresh lime creates a side dish perfect for any summer meal.
Note: Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be found canned in most major grocery stores (typically in the Mexican food section).
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. With a knife, slice the potatoes in half. Place the halved potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the potatoes. Add salt and toss with your hands until the potatoes are thoroughly coated with oil and salt. Place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring once, until golden and the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
2. While the potatoes are cooking: Remove one chipotle pepper from the can and mince it (chop into small pieces). Place it in a large bowl. Using the adobo sauce that the peppers are packaged in, add 2 teaspoons of sauce to the minced pepper in the bowl.
3. Peel and mince the garlic clove. Add it to the bowl as well.
4. Next, add the lime zest, lime juice and 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
5. Whisk everything together until combined.
6. Once the potatoes are done and still hot, pour them into the chipotle lime dressing. Add cilantro and gently stir to combine, making sure every potato is covered. Plate and serve.