You must be logged in to post a review.
These puppies are quickly becoming my new popcorn, a.k.a. my new late-night, movie watching snack. They are quick and easy, as well as healthier than the starchy alternative. I leave the skins on them, because Maude tells me to, but you should follow your instincts on that one. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself making these at 11 pm when everyone else is asleep, but you have a lot of Grey’s Anatomy to catch up on.
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. Scrub the sweet potato and cut into 1/2 inch slices (or thinner if you like your fries crispier).
3. In a bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne (if you like-ah some spice-ah).
4. Arrange fries evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes minutes, checking after 20 minutes to prevent burning (ovens vary). Flip halfway so they cook evenly.
5. Settle in for a good movie and a glass of wine with a delicious snack.
Suggestion: Try throwing on some parmesan cheese during the last few minutes of baking for a yummy surprise!