You must be logged in to post a review.
Do you love super easy appetizers that look really pretty and you made little effort? I do! These are seriously easy, seriously low in calories, seriously fantastic-looking for a party!
1. Slice the cucumber, making either 48 rounds or squares.
2. Shred chicken with a food processor if you have one or using a fork.
3. In a bowl, thoroughly mix the chicken, mayo, cilantro, scallions and cumin and salt and pepper.
4. Lay a slice of cucumber on the plate you will serve the appetizer on. Add a heaping tablespoon of the chicken salad on the cucumber then lay another piece of cucumber on top.
5. Add a toothpick to hold it together.
6. Place kalamata, black or green olives through the top of the toothpick to pretty it up!
7. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Calories for each one: 20, Fat: 1g, Fiber: 0g, Carbs: 1g, Protein: 3g, Points+: 1
I am a Mexican food fiend and nothing makes me happier than a big bowl of pico de gallo and chips. This is such an easy recipe and you can make it mild, medium or spicy depending on what you prefer. I like spicy, so jalapeno peppers are for me, but you could add habanero peppers if you like a lot of heat!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!