You must be logged in to post a review.
Crispy fried chicken poppers with a creamy Sriracha sauce.
1. Prepare a plate lined with paper towels for the chicken after it’s done cooking in the oil. Set aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce (mayo, Sriracha, sugar, and rice vinegar) and set aside.
3. In a small, shallow dish, combine the egg and milk. Set aside.
4. In another shallow dish, combine the ingredients for the breading (flour, panko, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried basil). Set aside.
5. Bread the chicken cubes by first coating it in the bread mixture then the egg wash then back in the breading. Put the coated chicken cubes on a plate. Continue until all the chicken has been breaded.
Pop the plate of chicken in the fridge for about 20 minutes. It’ll help the breading stick to the chicken.
6. In a large skillet, add a thin layer of vegetable oil and place over medium high heat.
7. Once the oil is glistening, add in the chicken (you may need to do it in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan) and cook the chicken until cooked through and the breading is nice and crispy brown.
8. Once the first batch is done, put the cooked chicken on the prepared plate with the paper towel. Continue with the second batch and once that’s cooked, add that to the prepared plate.
9. In a large bowl, put in your cooked chicken and pour the sauce all over. Toss well to coat every bite.
These egg and asparagus toasts are a recreation of a simple dish I had in Spain last year. They’re almost too simple to even write a recipe for, except that there’s a surprise ingredient. A sprinkling of sherry vinegar over the bread makes the whole dish pop.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!