Select a size: | | | |
|Servings 8||Difficulty Intermediate|
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Add minced garlic and saute with salt and pepper for about 1 minute.
4. Add thyme, oregano and tomatoes.
5. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
6. Break up tomato chunks with a spoon as much as possible.
7. Scoop most of the bigger tomato chunks out and blend (I used a magic bullet, but a regular blender would work too) till chunks are gone. (There will still be some chunks, but small ones, you don’t want any full sized tomatoes in your sauce).
8. Return blended mixture to the sauce.
9. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
10. Meanwhile, cook ravioli in a large pot of boiling water, until they float to the top (pasta does not need to be completely cooked because it will continue to cook in the oven). You can use the package instructions for al dente.
11. When it’s done, drain water from pasta.
12. Toss pasta and sauce in a large bowl.
13. Pour pasta into a 9×13 pan.
14. Top pasta with Parmesan cheese, then mozzarella cheese.
15. Bake for 20 minutes, until pasta is golden.