You must be logged in to post a review.
A grilled beet slider. Great alternative to a beef burger. Accompanied by a sharp goat cheese, thick cut red onion and some crispy leaf lettuce, these little “burgers” make a great main or appy.
1. In a large pot bring the water, beets and salt to a boil.
2. Add the remaining beet slider ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes or until the beets are tender, but not cooked all the way through.
3. When done, remove the beets from the broth and let them cool. Remove the skins (you can use a peeler but they should just slide off).
4. Grease the grates on your grill and preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Cut the beets in 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices and place on the grill (either outdoor BBQ or cast iron). Cook a few minutes on each side to get some nice grill marks. Now would be a good time to toast your slider buns if that is your preference.
5. Remove beets from grill and place on buns with goat cheese, thick cut red onion, lettuce and a little sriracha. Enjoy!
Inspired by Food Network & Gatsby’s Diner, Sacramento, CA
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!