You must be logged in to post a review.
Deep South meets American Italian. I could get used to this!
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Mix the egg and milk in a shallow dish and set aside. Combine breadcrumbs, flour, and 1/2 cup Parmesan in another shallow dish.
3. Melt the butter and oil together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the tomato slices first in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to help it adhere. Add the dredged tomatoes to the skillet (I do this in 2 batches, to fit) and cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender but still firm. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
4. To assemble, spread 1 cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of an 8″ square baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the tomatoes and 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat the same layer twice more. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan on top of the last layer of mozzarella.
5. Cover and bake for 15 minutes; remove cover and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, until the top gets browny and bubbly.
6. Let rest for about 5 minutes before serving over pasta. It’s hot!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!