You must be logged in to post a review.
I love simplicity on a weeknight. And though the plethora of ingredients in this recipe may lead you to believe that it’s complicated, it’s not! You cook the quinoa and simply stir everything else in. Voilà!
1. Bring the water to a boil in a large pot. When boiling, adjust the heat to medium, add the quinoa, and cook (uncovered) for 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed. After 15 minutes, cover the pot and turn off the heat; let the quinoa sit and steam for 10 minutes.
2. Hard-boil the egg.
3. Dice up the tomatoes, hard-boiled egg, avocado (sprinkle the pieces with lemon juice to avoid browning), and cilantro. Drain and rinse the black beans, and drain the corn.
4. Zest and juice the lime, and whisk the zest and juice with the salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil, and butter to form a dressing.
5. Once the quinoa is done, mix everything together and warm over low heat if desired.
6. You can eat this dish hot or cold. Sprinkle with feta if desired. Enjoy!
Bursting with fresh grilled vegetables, melted mozzarella, creamy goat cheese and basil pesto, these grilled quesadillas are a delicious and unexpected choice for summer barbecues!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!