You must be logged in to post a review.
A baked version that is just as tasty!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Optional step: Peel and slice eggplant. Sprinkle with salt and allow time to “sweat,” approximately 30 minutes. Rinse with water and pat dry.
3. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes on each side.
4. In a 9×13 inch baking dish, spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with spaghetti noodles.
Serve with brown rice, jasmine rice or any type of noodle: rice noodles, mung bean noodles (which are gluten free), soba noodles, ramen (without the seasoning packet)—I have even used regular pasta in a pinch. Use whatever you have on hand. I made this version completely vegetarian (even vegan) but it would be delicious with grilled shrimp, sliced chicken, or beef.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!