You must be logged in to post a review.
How do you beat a good flavorful, juicy burger? You don’t. And these black bean burgers made with healthy peppers and quinoa are full of great flavor, and deliciously moist. This recipe is adapted from one given to me by a family friend.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie or baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans. You should have a paste-like mixture now.
4. Add the quinoa, bread crumbs, peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, hot pepper sauce, red pepper flakes, and egg into the black beans. Mix well, using your hands.
5. Form 5 patties and place on parchment-lined baking pan.
6. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
7. Enjoy with your favorite burger condiments! We love our burger with caramelized onion slices and a spicy Cajun mayo.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!