You must be logged in to post a review.
Love for chocolate: Valentine’s Day Hot Chocolate (or Hot Chocolate Pudding). This is an indulgent vegan whole food recipe.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the: cocoa powder, agave or your preferred sweetener, oat flour, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and salt.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the cocoa mix and water.
3. Whisk together the cocoa and water over medium-high heat.
4. Bring to a low simmer and stir frequently (for about 3 minutes).
5. Reduce heat to medium and whisk in the milk.
6. Heat through and then stir in the vanilla.
7. Remove from heat and pour into a favorite mug. Garnish as desired and enjoy!
Notes: You can find oat flour at some grocery stores or make your own by blending some oats in a coffee grinder or in a high powered blender such as a Vitamix. Adding the oat adds thickness to the hot chocolate. There is a traditional Mexican hot chocolate that is thick and delicious—it’s called “Champurrado”. They use masa harina/corn flour to thicken it. This hot chocolate reminds me of Champurrado but it’s a Good Clean Health version.
Bursting with fresh grilled vegetables, melted mozzarella, creamy goat cheese and basil pesto, these grilled quesadillas are a delicious and unexpected choice for summer barbecues!