You must be logged in to post a review.
This dense, tangy cake is a perfect with your afternoon cup.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease two 8X4 inch loaf pans. Line each pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the sides.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat sugar and melted butter at a low speed until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix after each addition. Add vanilla and blend well. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and lemon zest. In a glass measuring cup, mix lemon juice and milk.
4. Slowly, alternate adding flour and milk into the butter mixture at a low speed until batter is well blended.
5. Pour into prepared pans. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pans from the oven and set on a rack. Let cakes cool in the pans for 15 minutes then remove them from the pans and transfer to a cooling rack.
6. While cake is baking, whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl to create glaze. After cakes have been transferred to the cooling rack, spoon glaze over the top of each. Let them cool an additional 10 minutes. Serve. Cake will keep for 2 days in an airtight container.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!