You must be logged in to post a review.
These sugar-free, gluten-free cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day, or anytime when you want to indulge yourself or bring some happiness to the people around you. And the best part: you need only 5 ingredients for these tasty tidbits!
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F or slightly lower (100°C).
2. Put the almond flour in a large bowl. Sift in the sweetener and mix well.
3. Add the lemon zest and the cream cheese. Mix and knead until smooth.
4. Divide the dough in 2–3 pieces. Take one piece at a time for handling. Keep the rest of the dough covered.
5. Place a piece of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place another parchment paper on the dough.
6. Roll out the dough until it is approximately 1/6 inch (0.4 cm) thick and remove the topmost parchment paper. Using a round (fluted) cookie cutter, cut out the cookies.
7. Transfer the cookies with a spatula or cheese slicer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Using a smaller cookie cutter (heart, round, star, etc.), cut out the centers of half of the cookies on the baking sheet. Repeat rolling and cutting with the other piece(s) of the dough. Combine the scraps, reroll and cut. Repeat this until there is no dough left.
9. Bake for 30–40 minutes, or until golden brown but not too brown. Let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack.
10. To assemble, place the top cookies (those with the center removed) on a baking sheet and dust them with sweetener.
11. Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam on the bottom cookies (the whole cookies).
12. Place the dusted top cookies on top and very gently press the tops and bottoms together.
13. Store the assembled cookies in an airtight container.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!