You must be logged in to post a review.
This Chunky Cinnamon Granola recipe is quite addicting. It’s a little bit chewy with the right amount of crunch, both of which I was looking for. I thought I was only going to have a handful sprinkled on top of my morning Greek yogurt, which really turned into two, maybe three.
1. Open your oven and make sure you have a rack in the center and one on the top.
2. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
3. Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
4. In a small bowl, whisk egg white until somewhat frothy.
5. In a large mixing bowl add the frothed egg white, maple syrup, sea salt, cinnamon and vanilla and mix until combined.
6. Next, add the sliced almonds, shredded coconut and old fashioned oats and mix until all the dry ingredients are covered in the liquid mix evenly.
7. Transfer the mixture to your baking dish. With a spoon, spread and gently press the mixture into the dish evenly.
8. Place in the oven on the middle rack for 18 minutes.
9. Next, move the dish to the top rack of the oven for 5 minutes, or until golden on top. Keep an eye on it here. Every oven is different. Pull dish out of the oven when the mixture is golden on top.
10. Let granola cool for 15 minutes and then start to break it apart to the size you want your clusters to be. If you’re like me, you’ll need this note: Resist touching or mixing with a spoon. Wait until it is set before breaking apart.
11. Store in a airtight container in the fridge.
Inspired by technique found on The Kitchn for making chunky granola clusters.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!