You must be logged in to post a review.
My husband makes a killer veggie beef soup! You can also do a plain veggie soup if you nix the beef. Or you can add other grains. Very flexible and cheap!
Note: these measurements are good, but you can also season to taste. You can also add any grain, pasta, or do plain veggie soup with this recipe. It is very flexible.
1. Pour the juice into a large soup pan and bring it to a boil on medium-high or high.
2. Then add all of the frozen vegetables and bring it back to a boil.
3. Add the seasonings and lower the heat to medium letting it simmer for 5 minutes.
4. If using meat, brown the meat in a skillet over medium heat and add Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning if you want. When meat is browned, drain off the grease.
5. Add the meat to the soup, and let the soup simmer on low for 10 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy! Goes well with a basic Southern-style cornbread.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!