You must be logged in to post a review.
A creamy soup full of roasted garlic and cauliflower flavor.
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut the top off the head of garlic, lightly drizzle rest of garlic with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and tightly wrap with aluminum foil.
2. Coarsely chop cauliflower and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. In a single layer, place cauliflower on a baking sheet with the wrapped garlic head.
3. Roast cauliflower 25 minutes, remove and continue to roast garlic for an additional 10 minutes.
4. In a large pot, over medium heat, whisk flour and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil until it turns a caramel brown color. Add carrots, celery and onion and stir to make sure nothing sticks. Cook for 3 minutes then add salt, pepper, wine and water.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add chicken broth and roasted garlic cloves (by squeezing them out of the head of garlic). Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Add cauliflower and cook for another 5 minutes. In batches, add soup to blender with sour cream and puree until smooth.
Recipe adapted from The Novice Blog.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!