You must be logged in to post a review.
This peanut, sweet potato and spinach stew is everything you need: sweet, spicy, hearty, delicious … and completely healthy!
1. Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
2. Once oil is hot, add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the spices and salt and cook for additional 1-2 minutes, until everything is nice and fragrant.
5. Add the carrot, sweet potato, broth and agave or honey and bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
6. Stir in the peanut butter and let it stew for about 15 minutes.
7. Add in the spinach, and stir just until wilted.
Adapted from Naturally Ella.
Across from a row of rough board stands selling vegetables, fruits and local crafts is Number 59 Avenue de la Justice in the city of Kinshasa. A plain, white storefront with a small sign at the side of the front door: Alimentation la Baviere. Baviere is a little Portuguese-run grocery store. During the years of my weekly shopping trips there, the makings for this traditional Portuguese soup were always on the shelves.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!