You must be logged in to post a review.
Delicious hearty soup that tastes like lasagna and it offers an extra bonus—it’s healthy.
1. In a large soup pot over medium heat, cook sausage, breaking up into bite sized pieces. Halfway through cooking sausage, add chopped onion.
2. When sausage is browned and onion is tender, add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and a dash of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
3. While soup is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse when it’s done.
4. Once soup has simmered for at least 30 minutes, add cooked pasta and continue simmering for another 15 minutes.
5. While soup is continuing to simmer, mix together ricotta, Parmesan, mozzarella, Italian seasoning and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside until soup is ready.
6. Spoon soup into bowls and top with about 1/4 cup of cheesy topping.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!