You must be logged in to post a review.
Rich and creamy soup full of fall mushrooms.
1. In a large pot, melt the butter.
2. Add the onion and sweat in the butter until translucent, 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and fresh thyme, toss with the butter and onions. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the wine and whiskey and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
5. Pour in the chicken stock and reduce the heat to low. Put a lid on the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the pot from the heat and transfer to a blender (in batches). Blend until very smooth and then transfer to a large bowl, or back to the pot.
7. Stir in the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Serve hot with a drizzle of olive oil (truffle oil would be a great option too!).
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!