You must be logged in to post a review.
This Cinnamon Spiced Pea and Carrot Soup is a gourmet dish inspired by celebrity chef Hubert Keller. It is full of ingredients you know presented in flavors you didn’t know were possible.
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Once melted, increase the heat to medium-high and saute the onion and carrot for about 5 minutes. Add in the parsley, cinnamon, sugar, salt, and pepper.
2. Pour in the water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
3. Add in the peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, whip the whipping cream using a hand mixer. Continue to whip until soft peaks form, which will take 7-10 minutes.
5. Serve the soup in a bowl and top with a spoonful of whipped cream.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!