You must be logged in to post a review.
This is a healthy, spicy, and hearty bean soup. Prep time includes overnight soaking.
1. Soak beans overnight in a large pot of water. Drain water in the morning and set beans aside.
2. In a large stockpot, sauté chopped onion, celery, carrots, red pepper, and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Then remove from pot and set aside.
3. Slice chorizo sausage and brown in stockpot, then remove from pot and set aside. Drain the fat and discard.
4. Return the vegetables and beans to the pot. Add chicken stock and spices to the pot. Stir and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low for 2 hours until beans are tender.
5. Add sausage and tomatoes to pot, stir.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!