You must be logged in to post a review.
You can eat these just as a little salad, or as the perfect crunchy, sweet, salty and spicy addition to a sandwich.
1. Thinly slice the cucumber, and set aside.
2. Warm the rice wine vinegar, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. When you have brought it to a simmer, whisk well to make sure that the sugar and salt have dissolved.
3. Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool completely.
4. When the liquid is cool, add the cucumber slices.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
My immersion blender came with a small bowl and attachment that allows it to work like a food processor. I love it. It is great for small quantities such as this margarine rub for corn. I had a smidgeon of the mixture left over and used it on a grilled cheese sandwich. Yum!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!