You must be logged in to post a review.
The juices from the supremed oranges basically create the dressing for this salad that will complement almost any meal! I prepare the dressing (oranges and onions) in the early afternoon and then by dinner time, it’s perfect!
1. Thinly slice onion. Place in the bottom of a large salad bowl.
2. With a paring knife, cut off peel and white pith of oranges. Over the salad bowl, section the oranges by cutting the segments in between the membranes (this is called supreming). Squeeze the remains over the bowl.
3. Give two generous turns of olive oil over the bowl, about 3 tablespoons. Add a pinch of salt and several cranks of ground black pepper to taste. Add one splash of red wine vinegar to taste.
4. Toss everything together, taste dressing, and adjust salt, pepper, and vinegar to your preference. Let this onion and orange mixture sit until ready to serve. The longer the onions sit in the orange juice, the more mellow they become.
5. Place the mixed baby greens on top of the onions and oranges, and toss to evenly coat with the dressing.
Peppery watercress pairs beautifully with the sweetness of strawberries and earthy flavor of toasted hazelnuts. Served with a red wine vinaigrette.
A classic southwest salad made with kale for extra nutrition and topped with a homemade cumin ginger sage dressing.
I had never had fennel before, but when I tasted this salad I absolutely loved it and over the years I have changed the recipe to include Meyer lemons and truffle cheese. It’s really refreshing. The bitterness of the baby arugula with the tart lemon dressing and the salty Parmesan cheese makes it perfect.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!