You must be logged in to post a review.
Chicken Salad + Curry = Love
The measurements are all estimates—this chicken salad should be made to your specific taste. Some people like more curry flavor (moi) and some people like more cashew crunch. Try it several ways to find your favorite.
You will need:
1. Two cans of canned chicken, usually next to the canned tuna. You can use real chicken, but then you have to cook it, and that takes too long for me.
2. Red grapes.
3. Cashews (usually just two scoops will be fine).
4. A can or two of water chestnuts.
5. Celery, however much you want. I used a small bag from the salad section.
6. Oranges or a small thing of orange juice. (I squeeze fresh juice, but it doesn’t matter. I’m perfect, like Martha)
7. Curry powder (yellow).
8. Ranch dressing (I am not a fan of mayo—I suppose you can use mayo, but ranch gives it a good taste).
1. Chop the cashews.
2. Drain and chop the water chestnuts.
3. Chop the celery.
4. Mix into a big bowl.
5. Add a splash of orange juice.
6. Drain the chicken and add the two cans.
7. Mix all of that goodness.
8. Slice each of the grapes in half (looks nicer, easier to eat).
9. Add some ranch dressing to coat (you want the chicken to still be flaky, no clumps, and it’s not a thick dressing with the ranch).
10. Add the curry (I like to add a lot).
Keep tasting, and adding whatever you want. Ranch, curry, orange juice, until desired richness.
Eat plain, on lettuce wraps, or on cute, little, crust-less sandwiches cut in tea-party size.
Spicy and smokey bacon Buffalo chicken salad with creamy goat cheese and blue cheese croutons.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!