You must be logged in to post a review.
A light and fresh dish that can make for a tasty main course or side.
1. Begin by cooking the orzo (follow the instructions according to the package).
2. While the orzo is cooking, begin prepping the filling ingredients.
3. Once orzo is done, set aside and let cool for a few minutes before adding to a large mixing bowl.
4. Combine the orzo, cherry tomatoes, ciliegine, olive oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper in the large mixing bowl, stirring until the ingredients are completely mixed together.
5. Fill the hollowed-out beefsteak tomatoes with the caprese orzo, top with balsamic drizzle (optional), and serve.
Note: This recipe may leave you with a little extra caprese orzo on the side, which you can use to refill your tomatoes or just eat by itself. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!