You must be logged in to post a review.
Get ready to welcome Fall with this delicious recipe for Wonderful Pork Chops and Apples. The sweet flavors of apples, pecans and brown sugar pair incredibly with the savory pork chops and onions. Absolute deliciousness!
1. Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Place pork chops in skillet and brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
4. Prep apples and onion as detailed above.
5. Prep pecans.
6. Once pork chops are browned and cooked through, remove them from the skillet and keep warm.
7. Reduce heat to medium.
8. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet.
9. Add sliced apples and onions to skillet.
10. Stir and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 or 4 minutes.
11. Add chopped pecans to the apples and onions.
12. Stir together.
13. Stir in the chicken broth.
14. Sprinkle brown sugar over apples, onions and pecans.
15. Stir to combine.
16. Let all ingredients come together, about 3 minutes and serve over pork chops.
Cornish hens with a garlic butter crust, smothered in lemon and rosemary!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!