You must be logged in to post a review.
Double the beans, double the protein for a very filling meatless dish. Enjoy!
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
2. While the oven is heating up, in a large mixing bowl combine refried beans, black beans, green onions, salsa, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, lime juice, and garlic.
3. Once the mixture is combined, season with cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir.
4. Set the mixture to the side, and prepare a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with cooking spray.
5. Begin heating up a few tortillas at a time in the microwave (placing them between 2 paper towels) for 30 seconds (or until they are soft enough to roll).
6. Take one tortilla at a time and place 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture into the center of the tortilla.
7. Fold the sides of the tortilla over the mixture and place on the lined baking sheet with the seam side down.
8. Repeat the same process with the remaining corn tortillas, making sure they are not touching as you are placing them on the baking sheet.
9. Once all of your taquitos are on the baking sheet, spray a little cooking spray lightly over top.
10. Bake for 15 minutes (or until crispy and golden brown).
11. Garnish with green onions, and serve.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!