You must be logged in to post a review.
Warm noodles in a comforting golden tomato sauce.
1. Bring about 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Salt the water, then add the spaghetti. Cook according to package directions, drain.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, heat olive oil in another large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook another 30 seconds, or until garlic is fragrant.
3. Pour in the chicken broth, saffron threads, and tomatoes. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the skin on the tomatoes bursts.
4. Lightly mash the tomatoes with a potato masher. Add the cooked and drained pasta, fresh herbs, and Parmesan. Stir well.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe based on the Venetian-Style Spaghetti all’Arrabbiata in the September issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!