You must be logged in to post a review.
Extremely tender meatballs in homemade tomato and saffron sauce. An easy-to-follow recipe for this classic Spanish tapas dish.
1. Combine ground beef, minced garlic, parsley, black pepper and salt in a large bowl. Add the eggs and mix well until evenly blended.
2. Place flour on a plate and flour your hands. Form the meat mixture into bite-sized meatballs and coat each with flour. Set meatballs aside on a plate.
3. Place a cup of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. Once the olive oil is hot, add the meatballs into the pan and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
4. Remove the meatballs from the pan and place them in a plate. Keep the frying-pan with the used oil to make the tomato sauce.
5. Chop the onion. Cook onion over low heat for 10 minutes in the same frying-pan with the already used olive oil. Add a pinch of salt.
6. Peel and dice the tomatoes. After 10 minutes of cooking the onion, add them to the saucepan along with the sugar to cut the acidity (add your favorite spices such as basil or oregano). Cook over low heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
7. Use an immersion blender to puree the tomato sauce. You can do this in a normal blender as well but make sure to puree it in small batches and allow room in the container so that it doesn’t explode.
8. Place saffron and a pinch of salt into a spice mortar. Grind for 3-4 minutes.
9. Heat 2 cups of water (you can do this in the microwave or in a saucepan). Add the mixture in the mortar into the hot water and stir to dissolve.
10. Place meatballs, tomato sauce and dissolved saffron into a large pot. Cook and stir over low heat for 15 minutes.
11. Serve and enjoy your meatballs recipe!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!