You must be logged in to post a review.
This vegetarian dish is an unexpectedly perfect balance of fall flavors. It’s also super healthy and quick to make!
1. Heat grape seed oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add tempeh and onions to the skillet. When the tempeh has browned on the bottom, turn it over. Keep stirring the onions around. You may need to add a little more oil.
3. When the onions are translucent, add the apples, and season with a little salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
4. After about 3 minutes the apples will begin to get a little color; turn the heat down to medium and add the vinegar. The vinegar will dissipate quickly.
5. Add the water, maple syrup and Dijon mustard to the skillet.
6. When the liquid has reduced by half, stir in the cold butter (optional).
7. Remove to a serving dish and top with the chopped pecans.
Serve with roasted potatoes and cabbage.
Eggplant in enchiladas? Oh yeah! This is a healthy take on a traditionally heavy Mexican dish. A cream made of pepitas replaces the usual cheese and makes this a totally satisfying vegan dish. Don’t be scared off by the prep time, most of that is in the soaking of the pepitas. Once you try this dish you’ll be wondering where these enchiladas have been all your life!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!