You must be logged in to post a review.
A little sweet and a little tart, this grilled cheese sandwich has something for everyone.
1. Mix together the honey and vinegar in a small bowl; set aside for now.
2. Spread 1 teaspoon butter on 1 side of each slice of bread.
3. Place 1 slice of bread (butter side down) on a cutting board and top with the cheese, walnuts, and cranberries, then drizzle on 2 teaspoons of the honey/vinegar syrup.
4. Place the remaining slice of bread on top (butter side up).
5. Grill the sandwich in a small skillet (or on a griddle) over low heat until golden on both sides.
6. To serve, transfer the sandwich to a plate and drizzle on the rest of the honey/vinegar syrup.
Feel free to customize the toppings to your taste. I like my wrap with avocado, tomato and lettuce while my husband likes the chicken on a bun as a club sandwich. The real key to this recipe is the marinade.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!