You must be logged in to post a review.
This chili sparkles and shines—or at least warms your soul—with a combination of three cuts of beef. The layers of spice and various chilies used give this recipe depth and a robust flavor sure to impress. Grab your glass of water (or milk), a spoon, and enjoy this recipe on a cold day. This chili will heat up your life in more ways than one.
1. Heat olive oil in medium-sized pan. Add onion, green bell pepper, celery, garlic, and jalapeños and cook until softened, 5-8 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. In batches, add various meats to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Once browned, transfer to slow cooker.
3. Add remaining ingredients, with the exception of the brown sugar and corn muffin mix, to crockpot and stir.
4. Cook, covered, on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours or high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
5. About 30 minutes to 1 hour before chili is cooked, stir in brown sugar.
6. Before the chili is cooked, ladle 1 cup of the chili liquid into a medium bowl and stir in muffin mix. Cover and microwave for 1 minute. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!