You must be logged in to post a review.
There is a spicy chicken wrap that I love to get for lunch from a local fast food chain. After paying quite a bit for these wraps, I thought, “Why am I paying for this when I could just make my own?” Part of being a successful home cook is managing the finances and keeping even the lunch box interesting. This wrap can be customized to include the toppings of your choice.
1. Place the uncooked bacon on a broiler pan and cook in the oven at 375ºF for 7-10 minutes or until crisp. (You can also cook the bacon on the stove top and then just drain on paper towels.) Remove from oven and allow to cool while the chicken cooks.
2. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of the chicken tenders.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. When hot, place the chicken tenders into the pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes on the first side or until golden and cooking through. Turn and cook for another 5 minutes on the second side.
4. Heat the wraps for 15 seconds in the microwave right before use.
5. To assemble, I layered leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, 2 strips of chicken, 2 strips of bacon and a drizzle of honey mustard. Roll the wrap tightly and enjoy!
To make the homemade honey mustard sauce, simply combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, honey and Worcestershire. Refrigerate until ready to use.
This sandwich is “the bomb”! My husband loves steak and I am too bored with a simple slice of meat. To mix things up a bit, I made this sandwich for dinner the other day and it turned out heavenly.
Flavorful steak with sweetness from onions, some melted cheese and a kick of garlic. Yum!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!