You must be logged in to post a review.
While rather untraditional, as far as meatballs go, these spicy, barbecued meatballs are delicious and a wonderful departure from the ordinary.
1. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Using your hands, combine the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until combined but not overworked.
3. Form the meatballs by pinching off a small amount of the mixture and roll in the palm of your hands. You want the meatballs to be the size of a golf ball.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet. You want enough oil in the pan to come up about 1/2-inch. The oil should be hot enough to sear but not so hot that it smokes.
5. Roll the formed meatballs in the cornstarch, shaking to remove excess. Place meatballs in the heated oil (don’t crowd the pan—you’ll probably need to do this in batches) and cook for 2 minutes, turn and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining balls.
5. Place the meatballs in a large baking dish with high sides. Pour the sauce over the top of the balls.
6. Tightly cover the dish with aluminum foil.
7. Place in a preheated 350 F oven for 1 hour.
8. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
This sandwich is “the bomb”! My husband loves steak and I am too bored with a simple slice of meat. To mix things up a bit, I made this sandwich for dinner the other day and it turned out heavenly.
Flavorful steak with sweetness from onions, some melted cheese and a kick of garlic. Yum!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!