You must be logged in to post a review.
A savory smoky flavor makes this slow-cooked brisket a real show stopper. Little effort and tremendous results!
1. Make dry rub by combining all of the dry spices (chili powder through bay leaf) in a small bowl.
2. Rub the mix on the brisket and make sure you cover both sides of the beef with the mix.
3. Add beef stock into a large slow cooker (one that’s big enough for your brisket) and gently place the brisket in there as well. If there is not enough room just cut the brisket and try to rearrange. Put the lid on.
4. Cook on high for 2 hours and then turn the heat down and cook on low for 5 1/2 or just keep the crock on low for 8 or 9 hours.
5. When the beef is fork tender, carefully remove it from the slow cooker and shred the beef using two forks.
6. Return the shredded beef to the juices in the slow cooker and keep on warm until ready to serve.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!