You must be logged in to post a review.
Shrimp, poblano pepper and Monterey hack quesadillas topped with spicy pineapple salsa.
For the salsa:
1. Stir together the pineapple, tomato, red onion, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeño in a medium bowl until fully combined. Season with salt, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the quesadillas:
1. Preheat your oven to broil. Place the poblano chile on a small rimmed baking sheet. Put it into the oven and broil for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn the chile occasionally, until charred on all sides. Remove from the oven and transfer to a resealable bag. Let it rest for about 20 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Then peel the chile, remove the seeds and dice it.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp into the pan, season with the salt and pepper, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer the shrimp to a cutting board and cut into ½-inch pieces.
3. Stir together the shrimp, diced poblano chile, cheese and cilantro in a medium bowl.
4. Place a griddle pan over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place 4 of the tortillas on a clean work surface. Place one-fourth of the shrimp mixture on each tortilla and spread it out to cover the entire surface of the tortilla. Top each with another tortilla. Grill the quesadillas for about 2 minutes per side, until the tortillas are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Then plate them. Cut into wedges and serve with the pineapple salsa.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!