You must be logged in to post a review.
No need to visit the Bayou to enjoy this delicious traditional Creole dish with shrimp and crawfish in spicy tomato sauce.
1. In a Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic.
3. Sauté vegetables until soft, about 30 to 45 minutes.
4. Add shrimp, tomato paste, and remaining seasonings.
5. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. In a small cup mix flour and melted butter until smooth to make the roux.
7. Into the pot, stir the seafood stock followed by roux, stirring until smooth.
8. Add to crawfish to the mixture, cover and simmer for 10 more minutes.
9. Serve on top of hot rice.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!