You must be logged in to post a review.
The toppings for this pizza are piled high on a crispy, thin, gluten-free almond flour crust, seasoned with sweet basil and zesty garlic. That is only the beginning, as the crust gets topped with a layer of fresh garlic-herb tomato sauce, sweet roasted yellow bell peppers and Parmesan cheese!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place the bell peppers on one of the baking sheets. Drizzle the peppers with some oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake for 1 hour, or until slightly golden.
3. While the peppers are baking, prepare the crust.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt and basil using a whisk.
5. Mix in the garlic, eggs and olive oil, until the mixture forms into one large ball of dough.
6. Place the ball of dough on the other prepared baking sheet. Place another piece of parchment paper over the dough and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness.
7. Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
8. Take the crust out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce on the crust using a ladle, sprinkle half of the Parmesan over the top. Then top the Parmesan with the peppers (making sure to distribute evenly over the pizza). Then top the peppers with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Put the crust back in the oven to bake for another 20 minutes, or until everything is melted and cooked through. The tomato sauce should be bubbling a bit.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!