You must be logged in to post a review.
I had some leftover eggplant slices that didn’t get used for a regular eggplant Parmesan recipe and some leftover hamburger buns from a BBQ. Add fresh tomato slices and a little Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Voila! Lunch!
1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, use butter flavored cooking spray to coat your eggplant slices on one side. Sprinkle 1/2 the breadcrumbs on your eggplant slices and press them in. Then place the eggplant slices, crumb side-down into the pan.
2. Spray the other side of your eggplant (which is now facing up) with butter spray and sprinkle the rest of the breadcrumbs over the slices, pressing them in as well. Cook, turning frequently, until eggplant is done and breadcrumbs are toasty-brown in color.
3. Place first eggplant slice on your toasted bun, then top with 1/3 of your cheese. Place a tomato slice over it. Repeat layers. Before you put the last eggplant slice on your sandwich, add the last bit of cheese. Top with final eggplant slice. Put it onto a microwave safe plate.
4. Microwave without the bun topper at 60% power for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese, then remove it from the microwave and top it off with your bun top.
5. Try not to inhale all at once. I ate mine fast enough that I forgot I might want a picture of it. Oops.
Feel free to customize the toppings to your taste. I like my wrap with avocado, tomato and lettuce while my husband likes the chicken on a bun as a club sandwich. The real key to this recipe is the marinade.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!