You must be logged in to post a review.
Sweet, spicy and gorgeous Pomegranate Glazed Shrimp served over steamed rice!
For the pomegranate glaze:
1. In a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Then add the garlic and the crushed red pepper flakes and cook on low for about 2 minutes.
2. Add the pomegranate juice and whisk in the sugar. Raise the heat a simmer and simmer until the mixture thickens and reduces to half.
3. Then add the balsamic vinegar and keep cooking until a syrup forms and totals about ½ cup. This should take about 15 minutes
For the shrimp:
4. Heat a non-stick pan over high heat and add the butter. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt on both sides.
5. Add the shrimp into the pan with the melted butter and cook on high heat so that they get golden and crispy on the outside and are just cooked through on the inside (about 2-3 minutes on each side.)
6. Transfer the shrimp to the warm glaze and stir to coat the shrimp. Transfer the shrimp to the top of a bowl of rice and top with extra glaze if desired.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!