You must be logged in to post a review.
This pasta is super quick to throw together and so tasty! Smoked Gouda cheese is smoky and creamy and is perfect with the grilled veggies. It’s a great way to clean out the vegetable drawer; toss whatever veggies you have on the grill, then into the pasta. You can even add grilled or roasted chicken. Penne Pasta with Grilled Veggies and Smoked Gouda is great served warm, or at room temperature.
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil.
2. Combine the olive oil, garlic salt and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
3. Prep veggies as detailed on the above list. Brush all of the veggies with the seasoned oil. Do not discard the remaining oil; it will go into the pasta at the end.
4. Heat the grill to medium and put the onions on first for about 5 minutes.
5. Now put the remaining veggies on the grill. Keep the lid down.
6. Turn the veggies when they have nice grill marks on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Remove the veggies as the other sides get the same grill marks and they are done.
7. Meanwhile; add a generous amount of salt to the boiling water, and cook the pasta according to package instructions for al dente. When it’s done drain off the water and put the pasta into a large bowl.
8. Remove the charred skin from the bell peppers, and cut all the veggies into about 1 inch pieces. Cut the mushrooms in half. Remember to discard the ends from the onions now.
9. Toss the veggies and the smoked Gouda, as well as the remaining seasoned oil into the cooked and drained pasta. The pasta may need about 1 more tablespoon of oil.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
*This pasta would be great with grilled or roasted chicken added. It can be served at room temperature, so it would be great for a picnic or a party!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!