You must be logged in to post a review.
A light, refreshing and creamy springtime pasta dish!
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
2. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add the pancetta and cook for about 3 minutes. Then add in the garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Add in the wine and reduce the heat to low.
3. While it’s reducing, you can go ahead and add your egg noodles into the pot of boiling water. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. When pasta is halfway done, add in the asparagus to cook them together. Once finished, drain pasta and asparagus, while reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Set pasta, asparagus and water aside.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, melt 2 tablespoons of butter (melt it in the microwave, heating for a few seconds at a time until melted). Then add in the breadcrumbs and lemon zest. Stir until all combined and breadcrumbs are moistened. Set aside.
5. Lightly beat the egg yolks in a small bowl and set aside.
6. Now, you can add the pasta and asparagus into the skillet with the sauce. Toss around and then add in the egg yolks. Turn off the heat and toss for 1 minute, adding in the reserved pasta water slowly to thin out the mixture. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Divide up the pasta in bowls and top with lemon breadcrumbs.
Adapted from Rachael Ray’s Carbonara Style Tagliatelle with Grilled Asparagus and Lemon Herb Breadcrumbs recipe.
Cornish hens with a garlic butter crust, smothered in lemon and rosemary!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!