You must be logged in to post a review.
Outstandingly rich when flavored by Marsala cooking wine and a perfect blend of four cheeses. The original comfort food!
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
2. In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until nicely browned; stir in garlic and cook an additional minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in wine.
3. Add milk, half-and-half, salt and chipotle pepper. Bring to boil, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cheeses, leaving out 1/4 cup of the shredded cheddar for the topping. Remove from heat. Stir in macaroni. Pour into a 9″ x 13″ greased baking dish.
5. Top with crumbled bacon. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese and panko bread crumbs. Baked uncovered at 375ºF for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Note: Marsala cooking wine can be found in the vinegar section and same area as cooking sherry.
Eggplant in enchiladas? Oh yeah! This is a healthy take on a traditionally heavy Mexican dish. A cream made of pepitas replaces the usual cheese and makes this a totally satisfying vegan dish. Don’t be scared off by the prep time, most of that is in the soaking of the pepitas. Once you try this dish you’ll be wondering where these enchiladas have been all your life!
Cauliflower and Italian sausage come together with just a few ingredients for a filling and healthy one-pot dinner everyone will love! Suitable for paleo and gluten-free diets as long as the sausage meets those requirements.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!