You must be logged in to post a review.
Simple and perfect Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. Remove the chicken giblets and rinse the chicken, inside and out. Place it on top of a cutting board.
2. With a paper towel, pat the chicken dry. Cut the onion into big chunks and slice one the lemons. Stuff the inside of the chicken with the onions, lemon slices, and the bunch of thyme. With a kitchen string, tie the legs together.
3. Liberally sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Take 4 tablespoons of butter and rub it all over the chicken. Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Pour in the chicken stock (if you have a flavor injector, you can inject some of the stock into the chicken) into the pan. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic powder, lemon garlic seasoning, and parsley.
4. Take your cut potatoes and place them around the chicken in the roasting pan making sure that they do not cover the chicken. Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Then melt the other 2 tablespoons of butter, whisk in the honey and pour on top of the chicken and place back in the oven reducing the heat to 250 F for 30 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from oven when finished, take the other lemon and cut it in half, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken, and allow it to sit for 20 minutes so the flavor doesn’t escape the bird and serve with the roasted vegetables.
I can honestly say this fresh pasta recipe works every time. It rolls out beautifully, tastes great, doesn’t blow up in the water, doesn’t break when you make ravioli and the dough can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator!
I make pasta a lot, mostly ravioli. I make a bunch and freeze them and it makes getting dinner on the table so easy! Feel free to substitute spinach, basil, chard or kale … but ramps are in season!
Quinoa, Black Bean and Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!