You must be logged in to post a review.
Grilled Potobello Mushrooms and roasted ricotta cheese, basil, shallot and cherry tomatoes are nestled in a toasty ciabatta bun for an Italian twist on this vegetarian burger!
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF and heat a grill to medium heat.
2. Drizzle mushrooms and ciabatta buns with olive oil. Sprinkle mushrooms with kosher salt on both sides.
3. Grill the mushrooms, starting face side down for 5 minutes on each side. Grill the buns face side down for the last minute of cooking.
4. Meanwhile, cover a sheet pan in a sheet of foil. Make “nests” for each of the burgers.
5. Lay down 4 basil leaves for each nest.
6. Divide the fresh ricotta between the 4 nests of basil leaves.
7. Add 6 cherry tomato halves, a few rings of shallot and a drizzle of balsamic glaze and a teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle it all with kosher salt.
8. Roast the ricotta until the mushrooms are done grilling.
9. Place the grilled mushroom on the bun.
10. Transfer the roasted ricotta, using the basil leaves as the base, to slide it onto the top of the mushroom burger.
11. Top with the other half of the bun and eat immediately.
This salmon dish is perfect lighter fare for hotter days. I like to serve it with salad greens and charred pita bread to spoon the extra tzatziki on top of. This whole meal comes together before you know it.
Weeknight dinners can be a monumental task for families on the run. Late meetings at work, sporting events, or last minute shopping trips, there are tons are reasons not to have a homemade meal. But savvy cooks know the slow cooker can be a home cook’s best friend. This recipe is a spin on the traditional Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. By using chicken breasts, the meal is instantly lightened.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!