You must be logged in to post a review.
Aida Mollenkamp’s “Itai” meatball recipe is packed with flavor and incredibly tender and delicious!
1. Heat the oven to 375 F and position a rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Add the onion, cheese, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic and eggs into a food processor and process until very smooth.
3. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl along with the beef, pork, breadcrumbs, parsley and oregano and gently mix together until everything is thoroughly combined.
4. Divide the meat into 12 equal parts and roll each between your palms until you have a ball. (Keep in mind these are huge meatballs, about the size of a baseball!) Put the meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Bake until the meatballs are firm and just cooked through, 25-30 minutes. Eat alone or eat with tomato sauce or with spaghetti.
Inspired by Aida Mollenkamp’s new book, “Keys to the Kitchen”.
Feel free to customize the toppings to your taste. I like my wrap with avocado, tomato and lettuce while my husband likes the chicken on a bun as a club sandwich. The real key to this recipe is the marinade.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!