You must be logged in to post a review.
Fresh bay scallops bathed in butter, garlic and breadcrumbs … Yum!
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Very lightly coat the inside of four, 2 cup size, oval gratin dishes using 1 tablespoon of the butter and arrange the dishes on a large baking sheet.
3. Put the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter in a food processor and pulse 2 or 3 times. Add the garlic, shallots, prosciutto, parsley, lemon juice and pepper and process until thoroughly combined.
4. With the food processor running, add the olive oil slowly through the feed tube until combined. Remove the butter mixture to a medium bowl, stir in the panko breadcrumbs and set aside.
5. Place 1 tablespoon of the wine in the bottom of each buttered gratin dish. Rinse and pat the scallops dry with paper towels and divide them among the dishes. Spoon the topping loosely over the top of the scallops. Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 10 minutes, until the dishes are sizzling and the crust is lightly colored. The scallops are almost, but not fully cooked at this point. Leave the baking sheet on the center rack and turn the oven heat to broil for 2 minutes to finish cooking the scallops and toast the coating. Remove from the oven.
6. Use a zester to strip long threads of zest from the lemon. Cut the zested lemon in half and drizzle each dish with a few drops of juice. Sprinkle the lemon zest threads over the dishes and garnish with a sprig of the parsley.
Serve immediately with one baguette piece per serving, encouraging your guests to tear off bits of bread to soak up the all the liquid goodness left in the bottom of the gratins.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!