You must be logged in to post a review.
Mushrooms are one of my favorites. And so are bisques. There is nothing better than combining both to create a beautiful soup that you can make in your crock pot.
1. Into a large crock pot add rice, stock, dried tomatoes, thyme, parsley, and dried mushrooms.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and butter. Melt and add onion, carrot, celery, garlic and mushrooms. Saute for about 5 minutes. At that point the mushrooms will turn golden and the onions, carrot, celery and garlic will get nice and soft.
3. Add sherry to the skillet. This will deglaze your pan. Mix everything up and cook for one minute more. Add this to your crock pot.
4. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8.
5. At about 10 minutes before serving, add the cream. Mix and continue cooking for the remaining time. Then serve.
6. To plate I like to add a little extra parsley. It’s a nice fresh addition to the warm soup
I can honestly say this fresh pasta recipe works every time. It rolls out beautifully, tastes great, doesn’t blow up in the water, doesn’t break when you make ravioli and the dough can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator!
I make pasta a lot, mostly ravioli. I make a bunch and freeze them and it makes getting dinner on the table so easy! Feel free to substitute spinach, basil, chard or kale … but ramps are in season!
Quinoa, Black Bean and Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
You can use either chicken or pork in this recipe. It’s so good my hubby always has to go back for more. The kids eat it up too!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!