You must be logged in to post a review.
Rich and cheesy risotto with lobster and green peas.
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat then add onion and saute for about 3 minutes. Put dry rice in the skillet and saute/toast for an additional 2 or 3 minutes. Pour in wine and simmer until absorbed. Reduce heat and keep warm.
2. In a sauce pot bring 1 cup broth to a soft boil and throw the lobster tail(s) in. Cover and allow to steam about 4 minutes, or until shell(s) turn bright red. If using frozen lobster it may take a few extra minutes, but don’t worry if you see they are not completely cooked through when you shell them. They will cook more later. When done remove them from the broth using tongs and set them aside.
3. Raise the heat on your rice mixture to medium. Start putting broth into your rice 1/2 cup at a time while keeping the liquid at a gentle simmer. Stir frequently and allow broth to absorb before adding additional broth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time until it’s all been added.
4. Shell the lobster meat and cut into small pieces. Any bits not cooked through can go back into the sauce pot of broth for a minute or two.
5. If the rice isn’t cooked enough (it should be slightly al dente) after adding the 3 cups of additional broth, you can add some of the broth from the sauce pot. Your rice should have about 3 1/2 cups of broth in it, plus the 1/2 cup wine.
6. Stir in the cream cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan, the lobster, and the peas. Allow everything to combine and heat thoroughly.
7. Salt and pepper again if needed, and serve with a sprinkle of the reserved Parmesan on top.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!