You must be logged in to post a review.
This skillet meal ties the favorite combination of chili and cornbread into one easy dish!
1. Brown the ground beef in an oven safe skillet over medium heat. When it’s fully browned, drain excess fat from skillet. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, black pepper and white pepper. Cook until onions turn translucent.
2. Add in tomato sauce, salsa, corn, and beans. Cook until mixture is hot and bubbly. Turn heat to medium low and allow mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375 F.
4. In a medium sized bowl mix corn muffin mix according to directions on package. Stir in the cheese. Spoon the mixture over the top of the chili mixture that is still in the skillet. I used a large spoon so that the scoops were biscuit size.
5. Place skillet in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
6. Carefully transfer skillet to a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Slow-braised, beer-marinated beef short ribs on a bed of buttery whipped sweet potatoes.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!